Saturday, January 16, 2010

Homemade Pancake Syrup!

Like every Saturday morning, my kids wanted pancakes and scrambled eggs. I whipped up the batter and then discovered I didn't have any syrup! I began to wonder if I could improvise with staples I already had in my pantry and started looking for recipes on the internet and there were a bunch. I chose a recipe and the pancakes were saved. The syrup was good but not as good as store bought. However, in a pinch it tasted great! If you are interested in making homemade syrup try this recipe I found on AllRecipes.com.

Homemade Pancake Syrup

Ingredients:
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:
In a saucepan, combine the sugars, water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Broil for 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes. Serve over pancakes, waffles or French toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment